SBI PO Mains preparation tips
SBI is one of the prominent nationalized bank of India. To get into SBI as PO, a candidate must know SBI PO Mains preparation tips, exam pattern and syllabus. Candidate should have strategy to prepare all the important topics, practice the last year papers, understand clearly the strong subject and prepare for SBI PO Pre and SBI PO Mains simultaneously. Working in SBI is dream job for almost all the banking jobs aspirants.
In this article, we have discussed SBI PO Mains Preparation tips to get into State Bank of India. Working as PO in SBI can give head on start to a career in banking sector.
SBI PO Mains preparation tips | Strategy to clear SBI PO Mains- overview
SBI PO Prelims 2021 is over and its result is already declared on SBI official website sbi.co.in-career. Congrats to those candidates, who are shortlisted for SBI PO Mains 2021, which is to be held on 2nd January 2022. In this post we will discuss about SBI PO Mains strategy 2021.
SBI PO Mains preparation tips is discussed below. All you know that this year, SBI has declared vacancies of 2056 posts for SBI Probationary Officer, the candidates need to prepare hard for mains exams after being shortlisted in the Prelims.
SBI PO Mains preparation tips | SBI PO Prelims 2021 cutoff
SBI PO Prelims exams were held on 21st November and 27th November 2021. The level of SBI PO Prelims exam was moderate. SBI PO Mains preparation is given below. The average attempts of candidates in the Prelims exam were around 67 – 73. As per the good attempts of candidates, the cutoff remained around the number of attempts.
|Category||SBI PO Prelims 2021 cutoff|
SBI PO Mains preparation tips | SBI PO Mains exam structure
SBI PO Mains Exam consist of four sections Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation, General/Economy/Banking Awareness an English language. Reasoning section consist of 45 questions with 60 marks such that this 45 questions has to be attempted in 60 minutes. Data Analysis & Interpretation section has 35 questions with 60 marks. Candidates get 45 minutes to solve these 35 questions. Next section is General/Economy/Banking Awareness section, which has 40 questions, each carrying 1 mark. Candidates get only 35 minutes for this section. The last section is English language, which has 35 questions with 40 marks. 40 minutes is allotted for English language section.
|Sl. No.||Name of Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|I||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|II||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|III||General/Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|IV||English language||35||40||40 minutes|
SBI PO Mains preparation tips | Strategy to clear SBI PO Mains Exam Section wise tips
1. General/Economy/Banking Awareness: This is section is the most important section as far as fetch of marks is concerned. Candidates need to prepare this section in order to get as much marks as possible. They must assure to get 90% marks i.e. 36 questions correct in this section to get into the final list of selection. They must go through all the current banking news, current affairs, static GK along with other important general awareness sections.
2. Reasoning & Computer Aptitude: Puzzles, Seating Arrangements and Computer Aptitude questions with different and new approaches, this is what comes in the mind of candidates in the section. Candidates must choose the puzzles and seating arrangements questions very smartly, as the level of questions are always on the higher sides. Candidates need to have patience while solving these high level puzzles as these puzzles are tough for every candidates and not only for selected ones. Try to grab marks by attempting the miscellaneous questions.
3. Data Analysis & Interpretation: As puzzles are to Reasoning, so is the Data Interpretation to this section. First candidates need to practice their calculation. They must be very clear about the pi chart, caselets and must practice such questions. Yes, the levels of different Data Interpretation questions is tough.
4. English Language: Grammar is the key. Candidates need to have clear concept on their Grammar part to attempt the questions related to Cloze test and error identification. The major part of English language section is Comprehension. Candidates must have very good reading and understanding skills. Comprehension covers about 50% – 60% questions of this sections.
SBI PO Mains preparation tips – SBI PO Mains 2021 admit card
Admit card of SBI PO Mains 2021 exam is already released by State Bank of India on its official website at sbi.co.in in the career section. Candidates can download their admit cards before 2nd January 2022.
Direct link to download SBI PO Mains 2021 Admit card – Click here
SBI PO Mains preparation tips– Steps to download SBI PO Mains 2021
Candidates need to follow the following steps to download SBI PO Mains 2021 admit card:
1. Visit State Bank of India official website at sbi.co.in.
2. Click on the career section.
3. Search “Recruitment of SBI Probationary Officer” in the career section
4. Click on the link to download SBI PO Mains 2021 Admit Card
5. Enter Candidates Registration/Roll Number and date of birth as the password
6. Download the admit card and take the print out.
7. Paste photograph on the required place.
SBI PO Mains preparation tips – Brief strategy about SBI PO Interview
Group Discussion / Interview round is the final step of SBI PO recruitment process. After successfully clearing the minimum cutoff marks in SBI PO Mains exam, a candidate has to go through GD round along with oral interview round with a panel of interviewers.
Group Discussion goes for about 15-20 minutes in which a group of candidates sitting together have to discuss on a given topic. Every candidates need to given his/her opinion about the topic. After the GD round, candidates have to go for interview round for the personality test and basic knowledge of banking sector.
Finally, considering the SBI PO Mains marks along with marks obtained in GD / Interview round, an overall aggregate marks is allotted to candidates for the final selection. In order to get into to final selection list, candidates have to clear the minimum cutoff aggregate marks.
SBI PO Mains preparation tips : FAQs
1. Is the marks obtained in SBI PO Prelims exam considered for the preparation of aggregate marks?
Answer: No, Marks obtained in SBI PO Prelims is only for shortlisting of candidates for appearing in SBI PO Mains exam.
2. Is Group Discussion / Interview round mandatory for every candidates, who clear Mains exam?
Answer: Yes, every candidates, who clear Mains exam, have to go through GD / Interview round for final selection.
3. Is the final selection cutoff marks different for each category of candidates? Answer: Yes, different cutoff marks may be prepared for each categories i.e. General, EWS, OBC, SC, ST.
Go to home Page