1. Union Minister Bhupender Yadav lays down foundation stone of 500 bed-hospital of ESIC in Manesar...read more
Labour and Employment Minister Bhupender Yadav laid down the foundation stone of 500 bed- hospital of Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) in Manesar, Haryana. The Hospital will be built on eight acre area at the cost of 500 crore rupees. Around six lakh workers from Gurugram and neighbouring districts of Mahendragarh, Nuh and Rewari will get treatment facility through this hospital.
2. Indigenous Tejas MK-I Aircraft to participate in Singapore Air Show-2022..read moreA 44 member contingent of Indian Air Force, IAF reached Changi International Airport Singapore to participate in the ‘Singapore Air Show-2022’. The Air Show will be held from 15th to 18th February 2022. Singapore Air Show is a biennial event which provides a platform for the Global Aviation Industry to showcase their products.
3. ISRO to launch PSLV-C52 carrying three satellites from Sriharikota..read moreThe Indian Space Research Organisation, ISRO is set to launch the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle PSLV-C52 on 14th February 2022 at 5.59 hours from the first launch pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota. The PSLV-C52 mission will launch three satellites. One of the satellites to be launched is EOS-04 radar imaging satellite weighing 1710 kgs.
EOS-04 is designed to provide high quality images under all weather conditions for applications such as agriculture, forestry and plantations, soil moisture and hydrology and flood mapping.
4. Nation remembers freedom fighter, orator and eminent poet Sarojini Naidu on her 143rd Birth Anniversary on 13th February 2022..read moreSarojini Naidu was a prominent of civil rights, women’s emancipation and anti-imperialistic ideas. She was the 2nd women President of the Indian National Congress and first Indian woman to preside the INC Conference. She participated in the non-cooperation movement and Quit India movement.
5. APEDA celebrates its 36th Foundation Day..read moreAgricultural Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) celebrated its 36th Foundation Day. APEDA actively supported the Government in taking the export of agricultural products to 20.67 billion dollar in 2020-21 from 0.6 billion dollar in 1986. It helped to expand the export basket to several countries. APEDA was founded in 1986.
6. Indore’s Central Jail gets its own FM radio channel ‘Jail Vaani’..read moreCentral Jail of Indore has got its own radio channel ‘Jail Vaani – FM 18.77’ in its bid to keep jail inmates abreast about ongoing happening of the outside world. The Central Jail radio channel is called ‘Jail Vaani-FM 18.77’.
7. RBI to enhance VRR cap for foreign investors by Rs 1 lakh from 1st April 2022...read moreAs per Reserve Bank of India, the voluntary retention route (VRR) cap for foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) will be enhanced by Rs 1 lakh crore to Rs 2.50 lakh crore, given the increased interest shown by them. The enhancement of VRR, which seeks to provide a separate channel, broadly free of macroprudential controls, to FPI investments in government and corporate debt securities. Will be applicable.
8. Ramkumar Ramanathan and Saketh Myneni clinch doubles crown in Bengaluru Open...read moreRamkumar Ramanathan and Saketh Myneni clinched the doubles title of the Bengaluru Open ATP challenger at the KLTA Stadium. They defeated Hugo Grenier and Alexandre Muller in straight sets 6-3, 6-2.
9. World Radio Day is observed on 13th February 2022...read moreThe Theme of World Radio Day 2022 is “Radio and Trust”. It is celebrated with an aim to underline the importance of radio. In this era of technologically advanced world, there are a lot of people, who still not only trust radio but also rely on it for the consumption of new and for entertainment purposes.
10. Debashis Mitra elected as ICAI President...read moreDebashis Mitra is new President of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). Aniket Sunil Talati becomes the Vice President of ICAI.
11. Yes Bank launches Agri Infinity program...read morePrivate Sector Bank Yes bank launches an annual startup enabler program that seeks to co-develop digital financial solutions for the food and agriculture ecosystem by mentoring entrepreneurial ventures in the sector.
Agri Infinity will receive mentoring by veteran bankers for experimental co-development. It get access to the lender’s digital banking infrastructure and network, collaborative chances to pilot new solutions.
12. Israel becomes first country allowing drones in civilian airspace...read moreIsrael becomes 1st nation to permit Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) to fly in Civilian Airspace. Israel’s Ministry of Transport and Road Safe has announced the country’s first certification for unmanned aerial vehicles to operate in Civilian Airspace.
13. Burkina Faso’s Junta Leader is declared President by Council...read moreThe leader of Burkina Faso’s Junta Lt. Col. Paul Henri Sandaogo Damiba has been declared president. This was declared by the West African Country’s Constitutional Council. Damiba is to be officially inaugurated on 16th February 2022, although his term as president is effective retroactively from 24th January 2022.
The former President was Roch Marc Christian Kabore.
14. Bank of Baroda to acquire Union Bank of India’s stake in IndiaFirst Life Insurance...read moreBank of Baroda is going to acquire Union Bank of India’s 21% stake in IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company, a joint venture between Bank of Baroda, Union Bank of India and Carmel Point Investments.
After the conclusion of this stake sale process, the shareholding in IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company will be Bank of Baroda’s 65%, Carmel Point Investments India 26% and Union Bank of India’s 9%.
15. ISRO successfully launches EOS – 04 along with two other satellites...read moreThe Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) successfully launched its earth observation satellite EOS – 4 and two co-passenger technology demonstrator and scientific satellites at 5:59am on 14th February 2022 from the first launch pad at the country’s only spaceport in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
16. German President Frank – Walter Steinmeier re-elected for another term...read moreGerman President Frank – Walter Steinmeier is re-elected for a second term of five years by a special partilmentary assembly on 13th February 2022. The President was elected with a big majority by a special assembly made up of the members of parliament’s lower house and representatives of Germany’s 16 states.
17. RailTel gets ICAI award for excellence in financial reporting...read moreRailTel has bagged the ICAI award for excellence in financial reporting for the year 2020-21 in Public Sector Entities Category. The company was adjudged as winner in the category “plaque”. The award was given by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
18. S Kishore appointed as Chairman of Staff Selection Commission...read moreThe Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the request from the centre to assign the charge of Chairman of Staff Selection Commission to S Kishore. Prior to the latest posting, he was serving as Special Secretary, Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
19. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launches first colour souvenir coin on ‘Panchtantra’...read moreFinance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched the first colour souvenir coin on ‘Panchtantra’ on the occasion of 17th foundation day of Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL). She emphasized on the ramping of the quality of products and to brand SPMCIL as lead producers of currency and other sovereign products.
20. Jaisalmer Desert Festival begins in Rajasthan..read moreIn Rajasthan, February is the time of myriad colourful festivals and fairs. The royal land enjoys folk dance, music, heritage and various cultural festivities in February every year. The world famous Jaisalmer Desert Festival is also known as Maru Mahotsav of the Golden City began at Pokaran on 13th February.
The four day long festival started with colourful grand procession followed by Miss Pokaran and Mister Pokaran competitions.
21. Tata Group appoints former Turkish Airlines chairman Ilker Ayci as new Air India MD and CEO...read moreThe Tata Group has appointed Ilker Ayci, former Turkish Airlines Chairman, as Air India’s Managing Director and CEO effective on or before 1st April. Ilker Ayci was chairman of Turkish Airlines since 2015, and his resignation from the post was announced by the airline on 27th January 2022, the same day Tatas were handed over Air India by the Centre.
22. Retail inflation jumps to 6.01 percent in January 2022...read moreAs per data released by the Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation, Retail inflation jumped to 6.01 percent in January 2022 compared to 5.56 percent in December 2021. As per the data released, rate based on the Consumer Price index, CPI, Inflation in food and beverages rose to 5.58 percent compared to 4.5 percent in December.
23. India to replace Diesel by renewable energy in Agriculture by 2024...read moreIn a virtual meeting with the officials of the Ministry of Power and Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Additional Chief Secretaries and Principal Secretaries of Power or Energy Departments of states and UTs, Union Power and renewable energy minister R K Singh said that India will replace use of Diesel in farming with renewables by 2024. He urged that all states should develop specific action plans to achieve the assigned target.
24. Author of the book ‘How To Prevent The Next Pandemic’ is Bill Gates. ..read moreBook ‘How To Prevent The Next Pandemic’ authored by Bill Gates to hit stands on 3rd May 2022. The books to be published by Penguin Random House internationally and Knopf in the US, will be released on 3rd May this year.
25. Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs sanctions Rs 2.26 crore for festival of Medaram Jathara 2022...read moreUnion Ministry of Tribal Affairs has sanctioned 2.26 crore rupees for various activities pertaining to the festival of Medaram Jathara 2022. The Medaram Jathara is the 2nd largest fair of India, after the Kumbh Mela, celebrated by the second largest Tribal Community of Telangana – the Koya tribe for four days.
26. Centre sanctions over Rs 24 crore for dredging in Gomati river to boost Indo – Bangla waterway project...read moreThe centre has sanctioned over Rs 24 crore for dredging in Gomati river, a transboundary river between India and Bangladesh and setting up 10 jetties for a waterway project. Of the total 93km proposed waterway from Sonamura in Tripura’s Sepahijala district to Daudkandi, around 15.5 km stretch needs dredging to operationalise the route.
27. Reliance Jio announces joint venture with SES for Satellite based Internet...read moreRichest Indian Mukesh Ambani’s conglomerate announced a joint venture to provide satellite based broadband services across India, as it joins the race with billionaires Elon Musk’s SpaceX and Sunil Mittal’s One Web to offer reliable, high speed internet.
28. India to showcase Agriculture and Food Processing prowess at EXPO 2020 Dubai...read moreIndia will showcase its Agriculture and Food Processing prowess at EXPO2020 Dubai. Additional Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Dr. Abhilaksh Likhi is going to inaugurate the Food, Agriculture and Livelihood fortnight at the India Pavilion on 17th February.
29. PhonePe, NITI Aayog partner up to launch fintech open hackathon...read moreLeading digital payments platform PhonePe has announced that NITI Aayog, in association with the PhonePe, will be hosting the first-ever open-to-all hackathon. The hackathon aims to showcase path-breaking solutions for the fintech ecosystem. The Hackathon will provide an opportunity for innovators, digital creators and developers from all over India to think, ideate and code.
30. Government launches scheme for economic empowerment for DNTs...read moreGovernment launched a Scheme for Economic Empowerment for DNTs, SEED for the welfare of De-notified, Nomadic and semi-nomadic communities in New Delhi.
De-notified Tribes communities are the most neglected, marginalized and economically and socially deprived communities.
31. CBDT issues refunds of over Rs 1.71 lakh crore to more than 1.97 crore taxpayers...read moreCentral Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has issued refunds of over 1 lakh 71 thousand crore rupees to more than 1.97 crore taxpayers from 1st April 2021 to 14th February 2022.
Income tax refunds of 63 thousand 234 crore rupees have been issued in over 1 crore 95 lakh cases. Corporate tax refunds of over one lakh crore rupees have been issued in more than 2 lakh 28 thousand cases.
32. Bangladesh – US Air forces to conduct joint air exercise between 20th to 25th February...read moreBangladesh and the US Air forces will conduct a joint air exercise between Feb 20-25. The six-day long Pacific Air Forces-sponsored, bilateral tactical airlift exercise ‘Cope South 22’ will be conducted at BAF Kurmitola Cantonment, Dhaka, and Operating Location-Alpha, Sylhet, Bangladesh.
33. Sports Authority of India extends Employment offer to 398 coaches, to prepare for Olympic 2024 and 2028...read moreThe Sports Authority of India under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has extended offers of employment to 398 coaches at various levels in 21 disciplines. Many among them are former international athletes and Arjuna awardees, who have competed or won medals in elite competitions such as the World Championships and Olympics. Of the total 398, 101 coaches are joining on deputation from PSUs and other government bodies.
The recruitment comes in the wake of the effort of the Sports Ministry to provide 360 degree support to athletes as they prepare for important national and international competitions, including Olympic 2024 and 2028.
34. South Asian Cross Country Championship and 56th National Cross country Championship to be held on 26th March 2022...read moreThe South Asian Cross Country Championship and the 56th National Cross country Championship will be held on 26th March 2022 at Indira Gandhi Stadium, Kohima in Nagaland.
The Championship was earlier scheduled to be held on 15th January this year however, keeping in view of the spread of Omicron variant of coronavirus in the country, the event was postponed. This tournament will be the first-ever international athletics event in the state of Nagaland.
35. Ministry of Finance grants Rs 1154.90 crore to Urban Local Bodies of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Gujarat and Sikkim...read moreDepartment of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance released an amount of 1154.90 crore rupees to four states for providing grants to Urban Local Bodies. The States to which grants were released on Monday are Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Gujarat and Sikkim. The grants released are meant for Non-Million Plus cities including Cantonment Boards.
36. Chennaveera Kanavi, a Kannada writer and poet passes away...read morePrime Minister Narendra Modi has expressed grief on the demise of noted Kannada writer and poet Chennaveera Kanavi.
37. Legendary Bollywood music composer and singer Bappi Lahiri passes away in Mumbai...read moreMusic composer and singer Bappi Lahiri passed away at a Mumbai hospital. He was 69. President Ramnath Kovind, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur have paid condolences at the demise of Bappi Lahiri.
38. Centre sanctions over Rs 24 crore for dredging in Gomati river to boost Indo-Bangla waterway project...read moreThe Centre has sanctioned over Rs 24 crore for dredging in Gomati, which a transboundary river between India and Bangladesh, and setting up 10 jetties for a waterway project.
Of the 93km proposed waterway from Sonamura in Tripura’s Sepahijala district to Daudkandi in the neighbouring country, around 15.5km stretch needs dredging to operationlise the route.
39. Indian Railways to set up biggest, world-class Wrestling academy in Delhi...read moreThe Railway Ministry has announced to provide a world class wrestling academy at the earliest in Delhi. In a bid to fulfill the commitment to set up a state-of-art wrestling academy in Indian Railways, Work has been sanctioned by the Ministry to establish the same at Kishanganj, Delhi. The wrestling academy will be set up at an estimated cost of Rs. 30.76 crores. This wrestling academy will be the biggest in India, equipped with advanced training facilities.
40. LEHDC, Leh launches new scheme Kunsnyoms for differently-abled persons...read moreLadakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LEHDC), Leh has launched a new scheme Kunsnyoms for differently-abled persons in the district. Kunsnyoms, meant for All, Fair for All, aims inclusive and accessible Ladakh.
Under this scheme, Leh Hill Council is providing assistive devices, technologies to need people at 90 percent subsidy.
41. India to hold G20 Presidency for the first time from 1st December 2022 to 30th November 2023...read moreIndia will hold G20 Presidency for the first time form 1st December 2022 to 30th November 2023 culminating with the G20 Summit in India in 2023. The Central Government approved the setting up of a G20 Secretariat which will be responsible for implementation of overall policy decisions and arrangements needed for steering India’s upcoming G20 Presidency.
42. WHO launches “Quit Tobacco” app...read moreThe World Health Organization (WHO) launched the “Quit Tobacco” app to help people give up the use of Tobacco in all forms including Smokeless. Such innovative approaches are much needed to support people to give up tobacco, which they may be aware is harmful, but are unable to quid for various reasons.
43. SIDBI launches “waste to wealth creation” program in Bengal...read moreSIDBI launched the “Waste to Wealth Creation” program in which women will make ornaments and showpieces from fish scale in the Sundarbans in West Bengal’s South 24 Parganas district.
Under this program, SIDBI will extend benefits to 50 women in directly generating revenues from alternate livelihoods.
44. Bihar ropes in Manoj Tiwari as brand ambassador for Khadi...read moreBhojpuri singer and BJP MP, Manoj Tiwari will be the brand ambassador of Khadi and other handicrafts in Bihar. Manoj Tiwari will promote the use of Khadi fabric, which was popularized by Mahatma Gandhi during India’s Independence Movement.
45. Rajasthan tops solar electrification under Saubhagya Scheme...read moreRajasthan has the maximum households electrified through the solar-based standalone system, while Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim and the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir had nil beneficiaries under the initiative.
Under the Saubhagya scheme, as many as 1,23,682 households were electrified through solar-based standlone system in Rajasthan, followed by Chhatisgarh, Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Maharashtra, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh.
46. Karur Vysya Bank, UNANU Technologies tie-up for digital freight finance...read moreKarur Vysya Bank has joined hands with the Chennai based UNANU Technologies for digital freight finance to fund transport contractors, using the end-to-end logistics technology platform.
The “U-Turbo” platform has visibility right from the time of material pick-up until it reaches the destination. Using this module, one can on-board logistics companies and shippers to Freight Financing program.
47. Dabur becomes first Indian plastic waste neutral FMCG company in India...read moreDabur has become a complete plastic waste neutral firm in the country after collecting, processing and recycling around 27000 metric tones of post-consumer plastic waste during the financial years 2021-22.
Dabur has become the first Indian consumer goods company to achieve the landmark of surpassing its plastic packaging usage with recycling.
48. Vedanta signs up with Foxconn to manufacture semiconductors in India...read moreAnil Agarwal led Vedanta and Hon Hai Technology Group (Foxconn) have formed a joint venture (JV) to manufacture semiconductors in India. This is the first joint venture in the electronics manufacturing space after the PLI policy. This is a significant development for the performance linked Incentive scheme.
49. Vineet Joshi appointed as new CBSE chairman...read moreIAS Vineet Joshi has been appointed as new CBSE chairman from 14th February onwards. He has replaced IAS Manoj Ahuja.
Vineet Joshi is presently working as an Additional secretary in Department of Higher Education.
50. Government approves Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan scheme to continue till 31st March 2026...read moreThe Central Government has approved the scheme of Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) for continuation till 31st March 2026. The proposal entails an expenditure of over 12 thousand 929 crore rupees.
RUSA is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme, operating in mission mode for funding the state government universities and colleges to achieve the aims of equity, access, and excellence. The new phase of the scheme has been designed to implement some of the recommendations and aims of the New Education Policy.
51. A23 announces Shahrukh Khan as its brand ambassador...read moreHomegrown online skill gaming company Head Digital works has roped in Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan as the brand ambassador for its online multi-gaming platform – A23.
The actor will be feature in the gaming brand’s latest “Chalo Saath Khele” campaign.
52. Karnataka’s bank honoured with IBA’s banking technology awards...read moreKarnataka Bank bagged three prestigious awards at the ‘17th annual banking technology conference and awards: 2020 – 21 Next Gen Banking’ at a program recently.
53. Twitter partners with Paytm to boost “Tips” feature in India...read moreTwitter partners with Paytm’s payment gateway to ramp up the support for its “Tips” feature in India. Through “Tips”, users can send cash payments to their favourite content creators on the microblogging platform or small business owners.
54. Ladakh Scouts Regimental Centre lifts 15th CEC Cup Men’s Ice Hockey Championship 2022...read moreLadakh Scounts Regimental Centre, LSRC, has lifted the 15th CEC Cup Men’s Ice Hockey Championship – 2022. LSRC beat Indo Tibetan Border Police, ITBP, by 3-2 goals in the final in NDS Indoor Ice Hockey rink.
55. The author of the book “Dignity in a Digital Age: Making Tech Work for All of US” is R O Khanna...read more………..
56. NCB organizes Darkathon – 2022...read moreNarcotics Control Bureau, NCB, is organizing the Darkathon – 2022 in New Delhi on 15th February 2022, to find solutions to counter drug trafficking through darknet across the globe. The initiative aims at involving students, youth and technical experts to find effective solutions to unravel the anonymity of darknet markets.
57. PM Modi to inaugurate TERI’s World Sustainable Development Summit...read morePrime Minister Narendra Modi on 16th February 2022 will inaugurate The Energy and Resouces Institute’s (TERI) latest edition of the World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) that will deliberate on the planetary resilience in wake of the multitude of extreme weather events across the globe in the recent years.
The theme of the events is ‘Towards a Resilient Planet: Ensuring a Sustainable and Equitable Future’.
58. India appoints first ‘National Maritime Security Coordinator’ for marine security...read moreWith an aim to bolster the maritime security of the country, the government has appointed Vice Admiral (retd) G Ashok Kumar as India’s first ‘National Maritime Security Coordinator’ (NMSC) to strengthen cooperation and bring effective coordination among various key central and state authorities dealing with the maritime domain – from the coast to the high seas.
59. The author of the book ‘Humane: How the United States Abandoned Peace and Reinvented War’ is Samuel Moyn. ..read more……….
60. Justice Gita Mittal appointed chairperson of Administrators to run TTFI...read moreThe Delhi High Court has appointed Justice Gita Mittal and former Chief Justice of Jammu and Kashmir High Court as chairperson of the Committee of Administrators to conduct the affairs of the Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI).
61. Legendary Bengali Singer Sandhya Mukherjee passes away at 90...read moreAfter a prolonged battle with COVID legendary Bengali singer Sandhya Mukherjee, died on 15th February 2022 evening following a massive cardiac arrest.
62. Fisdom partners with Bank of Maharashtra to offer wealth management services...read moreFisdom, a wealth tech company, has joined hands with Bank of Maharashtra (BoM), to offer wealth management products and services to over 29 million customers of the bank. This partnership aims to distribute the wealth products and services through the bank’s network of more than 2000 branches and its digital platforms, including the mobile banking app and internet banking.
63. Delhi becomes first state to introduce smart card for arms license..read moreThe Delhi Police has become the first police force in the country to introduce ‘Smart Card Arms License’. This will provide techno friendly digital services to the citizens of the national capital.
‘Smart Card Arms License’ has been integrated with e-beat book through mobile application ‘Shastra App’ for effective policing.
64. IndusInd Bank facilitates Digital Transactions on e-NAM for Agri Value Chain Participants...read moreThe Small Farmers Agri-Business Consortium (SFAC) appointed IndusInd Bank to provide digital collection and settlements services on the National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) platform for transactions involving farmers and traders throughout the country.
IndusInd Bank has been directly connected with the e-NAM platform to give farmers and traders secure hassle-free payments, clearance, and settlement services.
65. PayU announces integration with BigCommerce to boost SMB digitalization...read morePayU announced its integration with BigCommerce, an Open SaaS e-commerce platform for fast growing and established brands. PayU can now provide payment infrastructure and solutions to BigCommerce’s small-to-medium sized merchants in India.
66. FAITH releases India tourism vision document envisaging goals and benchmarks for tourism till 2035...read moreFAITH, the policy federation of all the national associations representing the complete tourism, travel and hospitality industry of India such as FHRAI, HAI and IATO, has released an India tourism vision with a vision statement, goals and an execution path for the country commemorating the 75th year of Indian Independence.
Chairman of FAITH is Nakul Anand.
67. DMI Finance partners Google Pay to offer loans to digital wallet’s users...read moreDMI Finance, a credit platform, announced the launch of a personal loan product on Google Pay to offer credit to prequalified users of the digital wallet platform.
The program aims to disburse up to Rs 1 lakh per loan, which would be repayable over a maximum of 36 months.
68. Iran unveils Surface-to-surface “Khaibar Shekan” missile...read moreIran unveiled a new missile with a reported range of 1450 kilometers that would allow it to reach both U.S. bases in the region as well as targets inside Israel.
69. RBI is 2nd largest buyer of gold in 2021...read moreThe largest buyer, the Central Bank of Thailand, bought 90 metric tones of gold while RBI bought 77.5 metrix tones taking its total gold reserve to 754.1 tones at the end of December 2021.
70. Bank of Baroda inks pact with Assam Rifles to provide Central Forces Salary package...read moreBank of Baroda has signed a MoU with Assam Rifles, the oldest paramilitary force, to provide the Baroda Central Forces Salary Package. As per the agreement, Bank of Baroda will offer the Baroda Central Forces Salary Package to all personnel of the Assam Rifles, both serving and retired. The bank will also provide special benefits, including Personnel Accident Insurance and a co-branded credit card.
71. Railways connects India’s longest tunnel T-49 in Katra-Banihal section...read moreIn a breakthrough development, the main tunnel of the Katra-Banihal section, T-49 was successfully connected between Sumber and Arpinchala stations.
72. Senior Jounalist Ravish Tiwari passes away...read moreRavish Tiwari, National Political Editor and Chief of National Bureau of The Indian Express, passed away. He was 40. Ravish Tiwari led a team of senior journalists at The Indian Express who covered the Union Government, including state and national elections, the Prime Minister’s Office, National security, strategic affairs, diplomacy, health, education, environment and infrastructure.