1. Santishree Dhulipudi Pandit is newly appointed first woman Vice Chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru University.
M. Jagadesh Kumar was the Vice Chancellor JNU University before her appointment. Sandishree Dhulipudi Pandit was the VC of Savitribai Phule University.
2. Surat Railway Station to be first station to be constructed on bullet train route.
Surat will be the first station to be constructed between Mumbai-Ahmedabad route, set for country’s first bullet train. Out of four railway stations (Vapi, Bilimora, Surat, Bharuch), where work has expedited and will be ready by December 2024, Surat will be the first to be ready.
Railway Minister of India – Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw
3. Karnataka Bank awarded with Digital Transformation Award by CII (Confederation of Indian Industry)
Karnataka Bank has been chosen for the ‘DX 2021’ digital transformation award in recognition of its innovative best practice “KBL Vikaas” by CII. “KBL Vikaas” is a holistic transformation journey launched in 2017, has enabled the implementation of Karnataka Bank’s digitial capabilities in asset and liability products.
CEO and MD of Karnataka Bank – M S Mahabaleshwara
Tagline of Karnataka Bank – Your Family bank across India
Head office of Karnataka Bank – Mangaluru
4. HPCL launched “Happy Shop” store in Mumbai.
HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd) is India’s 3rd largest fuel retailer and has launched “Happy Shop” non fuel store, marking its foray into the non fuel retailing business. Non fuel retail services are an integral component in the revenue makeup of fuel retail companies globally.
5. Bangladesh signs agreement to purchase 420 broad-gauge railway wagons from India.
The Bangladesh railways will procure 420 broad-gauge railway wagon from India. The agreement was signed in Dhaka between the project director of Bangladesh railways Mizanur Rahman and the Hindustan Engineering and Industries Limited. This project is being implemented with the joint funding of the Government of Bangladesh and Asian Development Bank (ADB) under the Rolling Stock Operation Improvement Project.
6. India’s first Artificial Intelligence based job portal “Swarajability” for persons with disabilities launched.
The job portal “Swarajability” aids people with disabilities like visual, hearing impairment, and locomotive disorders seeking employment. The job portal is launched to widen the opportunities of the persons with disabilities with tech applications.
7. Union Bank of India signs MoU with CDAC, Hyderabad.
UBI has signed MoU with CDAC, Hyderabad, to create comprehensive cyber security awareness and education program for UBI’s bank customers, employees and people. This initiative will impart Cyber Security Awareness and Education to its stakeholders.
MD and CEO of Union Bank of India – Shri Rajkiran Rai G
Tagline of Union Bank of India – Good People to Bank with
Head office of Union Bank of India – Mumbai
8. BCCI President Sourav Ganguly lays foundation stone for World’s 3rd largest cricket stadium in Jaipur.
On the occasion, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot appealed to BCCI President Sourav Ganguly and Secretary Jay Shah to give priority to the state to host International matches.
Governor of Rajasthan – Kalraj Mishra
9. PESB picks captain BK Tyagi as the next CMD of Shipping Corp.
Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) has picked Captain Bipin Kumar Tyagi, to be the next Chairman and Managing Director of Shipping Corporation of India Ltd.
10. Indigo appoints co-founder Rahul Bhatia as the MD.
As per Indigo chairman Meleveetil Damodaran, the move will strengthen the airline in the years ahead. Rahul Bhatia would oversee all aspects of the airline, and actively lead the management team.
11. AFCON Championship: Senegal beat Egypt in penalty shoot out to win maiden title.
In Africa Cup of Nations, Senegal beat Egypt to win the maiden title by 4-2 in the penalty shoot out.
12. India leads in digital skills readiness: Salesforce Global Index
India scored the highest on digital readiness among the 19 countries surveyed as part of the Salesforce Global Index. India has the highest digital readiness scored of 63 out of 100.
13. Army launches vocational training centre for “Waadiyan Bakery Project” in Jammu and Kashmir.
Indian Army launches a vocational training centre for women for “Waadiyan Bakery Project” in Mangnar village of Poonch to enhance women skill development. Women associated with this project expressed their happiness.
14. Akshay Kumar appointed as the brand ambassador of Uttarakhand.
Akshay Kumar has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Uttarakhand. The actor is filming for one of his projects in Dehradun. He was gifted with a token and a bouqet of flowers as a gesture.
Chief Minister of Uttarakhand – Pushkar Singh Dhami
Governor of Uttarakhand – Gurmit Singh
Famous National parks in Uttarkhand – Rajaji National Park, Nanda Devi National Park, Gangotri National Park, Jim Corbett National Park, Valley of Flowers National Park, Govind Pashu Vihar National Park and Sanctuary.
15. Kerala Govt signs an MoU with Social Alpha.
Kerala Govt. signs an MoU with Social Alpha, a joint initiative of Tata Trust and the Indian Government, through its Clean Energy International Incubation Centre (CEIIC). The Energy Management Centre (EMC) and the Kerala Development and Innovation Strategy Council (KDISC) are part of the project.
The focus is on the clean energy technologies promoting smart grids, transition to renewable, and climate action by setting up a join incubation centre. The incubation centre will have labs and infrastructures.
16. Amazon India signs MoU to turn ruran women into entrepreneurs in Karnataka.
Amazon India has signed a MoU with Karnataka State Rural Livelihood Promotion Society (KSRLPS) to support the growth of women entrepreneurs.
This association would help bring in regional selection and unique products from categories like grocery, home and fashion accessories made by over 30,000 women entrepreneurs and self-help groups (SHGs) associated with Sanjeevini – KSRLPS online and make them available to millions of Amazon customers across the country.
17. Sonali Singh given charge of Controller General of Accounts.
The centre has given the charge of Controller General of Accounts (CGA), Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance to Sonali Singh, Additional Controller General of Accounts, after superannuation of Dipak Dash.
Sonali Singh shall function as head of the organization of Cotroller General of Accounts (CGA) in the same capacity as Additional Controller General of Accounts with effect from 1st February 2022.
18. Jammu and Kashmir tops India Press Freedom Report 2021
The India Press Freedom Report 2021 was released by the Rights and Risks Analysis Group. As per the report, Jammu & Kashmir tops the list followed by Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Tripura.
19. 1 crore 27 lakhs 68 thousand and 620 electricity connections provided to BPL households under DDUGJY.
Government has provided 1 crore 27 lakhs 68 thousand and 620 electricity connections to BPL households under Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY).
Union Minister of Power and New Renewable Energy – R K Singh
20. AYUSH Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launches dedicated storefront for Ayurveda products on Amason.
AYUSH Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched a dedicated storefront for Ayurveda products on Amazon in the marketplace. This Ayurveda product storefront will enhance the visibility of unique Ayurveda products such as various kinds of juices, skin-care supplements, immunity boosters, oils and more from small businesses and startup brands.
21. AIM, NITI Aayog and USAID collaborates under SAMRIDH initiative.
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog, and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) announced a new partnership under the Sustainable Access to Markets and Resources for Innovative Delivery of Healthcare (SAMRIDH) initiative.
It will improve access to affordable and quality healthcare for vulnerable populations in tier-2 and tier-3 cities, and rural and tribal regions.
22. NITI Aayog announces 5 most improved aspirational districts in Agriculture, Water Resources Sector.
Malkangiri in Odisha tops the list of 5 most improved aspirational districts in Agriculture, Water Resources Sector for December 2021. It is followed by Chhatarpur of Madhya Pradesh and Baramulla in Jammu and Kashmir. Next districts in the list are Ramgarh in Jharkhand and Begusarai in Bihar.
23. PMKSY Scheme extended till FY’ 26 with Rs 4,600 Crore Outlay.
As per Food Processing Ministry, the flagship scheme “Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY)” has been extended till March 2026 with an allocation of Rs 4,600 Crore. PMKSY has been extended for a period of 2021-22 to 2025-26.
PMKSY is a comprehensive package which will lead to creation of modern infrastructure with efficient supply chain management from farm gate to retail outlet. The scheme will boost growth of food processing sector but also help in providing better prices to farmers and creating huge employment opportunities.
24. Health Ministry launches Intensified Mission Indradhanush 4.0 for immunisation.
Three rounds of IMI 4.0 have been planned to catch up on the gaps that might have emerged due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
India is implementing the largest immunisation programmed globally where we annually cover more than 3 crore pregnant women and 2.6 crore children through the Universal Immunisation Programme (UIP), as per Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare.
IMI 4.0 will have three rounds and will be conducted in 416 districts across 33 states/UTs in the country.
25. Aravalli Biodiversity Park in Gurugram declared as India’s first OECM site.
The Aravalli Biodiversity Park is declared India’s first “other effective area-based conservation measures” (OECM) site on the occasion of World Wetland Day.
26. Gautam Adani overtakes Mukesh Ambani to become Asia’s richest person.
According to the Bloomberg’s Billionaries Index, Adani Group Chairman Gautam Adani has now become the richest person in India and Asia, surpassing the forture of Reliance Industries Ltd’s Mukesh Ambani. Adani’s net worth was pegged at $88.5 billion as against Ambani’s $87.9 billion.
27. Union Power Minister R K Singh launches Powerthon – 2022 for tech-driven solutions for quality power supply.
Union Power Minister R K Singh launched a hackathon, named Powerthon – 2022, to find tech-driven solutions for quality power supply. Union Power Minister virtually launched Powerthon – 2022, a hackathon competition under RDSS (Revamped Distribution Sector Scheme) to find technology driven solutions to solve the complex problems in power distribution and to ensure quality and reliable power supply.
28. Government decides to continue the Scheme of Rashtriya Yuva Sashaktikaran Karyakram for another 5 years.
The Central Government has decided to continue the Scheme of “Rashtriya Yuva Sashaktikaran Karyakram”, RYSK for another five years from 2021-22 to 2025-26 with an outlay of over 2710 crore rupees.
29. Nitin Gadkari to receive Late Madhavrao Limaye Award.
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari will be felicitated with the 18th Late Madhavrao Limaye award in the category of Efficient MP, as per the Nasik Public Library. The felicitation ceremony will be held in New Delhi on 10th February 2022.
30. IIT Madras establishes Inter-disciplinary Water Management and Policy Centre, “AquaMAP”.
IIT Madras has established an Inter-disciplinary Water Management and Policy Centre, to solve water problems in India. Called “AquaMAP”, the Centre is being established with support from IIT Madras Alumni who are providing a seed grant commitment of Rs 3 crore.
The Centre will provide smart solutions for challenging water problems by designing scalable models by leveraging innovative technologies.
31. India is World’s 5th largest exporter of millets.
India is currently the world’s fifth largest exporter of millet, with exports increasing at a 3% CAGR over the last five years ending in 2020. India exported millets worth US$26.97 million in 2020-21, compared to US$ 28.5 million in 2019-20.
32. India’s first para-badminton academy launched in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
With the aim to improve India’s medal prospects in 2024 Paralympics, the country’s first state-of-the-art, high performance para-badminton academy with advanced equipment and facilities has been set up in Lucknow. The Centre has been launched by National Coach of Indian para-badminton team and Dronacharya awardee, Gaurav Khanna in association with Ageas Federal Life Insurance.
33. Jammu and Kashmir becomes first UT to be integrated with national single – window system.
Lt. Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, Shri Manoj Sinha launched the single – window portal for Jammu & Kashmir. With this, Jammu & Kashmir is the first Union Territory to be integrated with the national single – window system.
34. 19 years old, Zara Rutherford, becomes the youngest woman to fly solo around the world.
The 19 years old pilot, Zara Rutherford, lands in Belgium, set world record as youngest woman to fly solo around the world. She set a world record as the youngest woman to fly solo around the world, touching her small airplane down in western Belgium – 155 days after she departed.
35. Mumbai is 5th most congested city in the world.
Mumbai and Bengaluru have emerged as the 5th and 10th most congested cities in the world in 2021. Delhi and Pune ranked 11th and 21st among 404 cities across 58 countries according to TomTom Traffic Index’s global top 25 list.
36. HDFC ERGO launches cyber sachet insurance policy.
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company has announced the launch of its cyber sachet insurance policy aimed at mitigating cyber-related, digital risks for individual customers and keeping them internet insured. Customers can be internet insured with a pocket-sized insurance cover at a nominal premium of less than Rs 2 per day.
37. Anibal Torres appointed as PM of Peru.
Anibal Torres, 79, took over as Peru’s fourth prime minister in just six months, as President Pedro Castillo tries to restore stability after weeks of political turnoil.
38. Actor Praveen Kumar Sobti, dies of a heart attack.
Mahabharat actor Praveen Kumar Sobti, who played the role of Bheem in the series, has died after suffering a heart attack. He was 75. Actor was popular for essaying the role of Bheem in BR Chopra’s Mahabharat. He also starred in many films including Amitabh Bachchan-starrer Shehenshah and Dharmendra’s Loha. His other films include Aaj Ka Arjun, Ajooba and Ghayal.
39. PM Cares Fund triples to Rs 10,990 Crore in FY 2020-21.
The PM Cares Fund, which was set up to deal with the emergencies of the COVID – 19 pandemic, registered nearly a three-fold growth in the 2020 -21 fiscal. As per the latest audited statement, the corpus grew nearly three-fold to Rs 10,990 crore, while the disbursal rose to Rs. 3,976 crore.
PM Cares Fund recorded nearly Rs 494.91 crore as foreign contributions.
40. World’s Pulses Day is observed on 10th February 2022.
World’s Pulses Day is observed on 10th February every year. The 2022 World’s Pulses Day’s theme is “Pulses to empower youth in achieving sustainable agrifood systems”.
41. India ranks 3rd in US Green Building Council’s 2021 global list for sustainable spaces.
India has emerged as one of the leading countries to adopt green and sustainable buildings and developments as the country ranked 3rd in the world on the US Green Building Council (USGBC) annual list of the top 10 countries and regions outside of the US for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) in 2021.
42. History Professor Dinesh Prasad Saklani appointed as the new NCERT director.
A History Professor from Uttarakhand, Dinesh Prasad Saklani, has been appointed as the new director of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT). He has been appointed on the post for 5 years or till he attains the age of 65 years, whichever is the earliest.
Dinesh Prasad Saklani is a professor with the department of History, ancient History, culture and archaeology at HNB Garhwal University in Uttarakhand.
43. State Bank of India partners with NSE Academy to launch five online courses.
SBI has announced partnership with NSE Academy to launch five online courses that promotes financial literacy as a necessary life skill. The course duration ranges from 3-6 weeks and learners are expected to spend 2-3 hours each week on the course.
44. Aditya Birla Health Insurance inks bancassurance partnership with Utkarsh SFB.
Aditya Birla Health Insurance Co. Limited (ABHICL) has signed a bancassurance settlement with Utkarsh Small Finance Bank for distribution of medical insurance merchandise by the lender community of branches throughout India.
45. Rajeev Bhatia is the author of the book “India – Africa Relations changing horizons”.
46. Atal Tunnel certified by World Book of Records as Longest Highway Tunnel.
Certified the “World’s Longest Highway Tunnel above 10,000 feet”, the Atal Tunnel was constructed on the Manali – Leh Highway under the challenging conditions of freezing temperatures in extremely difficult terrain.
47. Telangana state government inks MoU with British Council.
The Government of Telangana and the British Council signed a three-year MoU to expand higher education globally, enhance mobility, and share information and skills.
The MoU has been agreed between the Research and Innovation Centre of Hyderabad (RICH) and the British Council, that will see both organisations work closely to engineer new partnerships between Universities, research institutions and centres of excellence.
48. NABARD launches JIVA to promote natural farming under its existing watershed, wadi programmes.
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) launched an agroecology-based programme. JIVA that will promote natural farming under its existing watershed and wadi programmes in 11 states. JIVA is a culmination of several projects under the watershed programme.
49. National Deworming Day is observed on 10th February every year.
National Deworming Day is observed on 10th February every year to spread awareness about the importance of deworming in all preschool and children of school age between 1 to 19 years.
The purpose behind celebrating the day is to reduce the prevalence of Soil – Transmitted Helminths (STH), commonly known as the parasitic intestinal worms, among all children and adolescents.
50. Pradeep Shah appointed as Pfizer India chairman.
Pfizer India appointed Pradeep Shah as the chairman of its board following the resignation of R A Shah on February 3. Pradeep Shah is the ex-managing director and a founding member of Crisil. Prior to founding Crisil, he assisted in founding HDFC in 1977.
51. Paytm has highest penetration in digital payments.
Paytm continues to lead digital payments with over 45 percent penetration in Fintech. As per the Comscore report, Paytm’s overall penetration in Fintech space is at over 45 percent.
Paytm is closely followed by Google Pay at 43 percent penetration.
52. Ruchir Sharma joins Rockefeller International as its MD and Chairman.
Ruchir Sharma, former head of emerging markets equity at Morgan Stanley’s investment management arm, joins US-based financial advisory firm Rockefeller International as its Managing Director and Chairman.
53. Norway is the most democratic country in the world.
As per the report released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EU), Norway topped the Democracy Index 2021 with an overall score of 9.75 while Afghanistan displaced North Korea as the least democratic country with an overall score of 0.32.
Norway is followed by New Zealand, Finland, Sweden and Iceland in the top five nations while the Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, North Korea, Myanmar and Afghanistan are the bottom five nations in the Democracy Index 2021.
54. Maharashtra’s Health Minister announces “Hope Express” will be launched to prevent cancer.
Maharashtra’s Health Minister Rajesh Tope announced that “Hope Express” will be launched in the state to prevent cancer. This is an initiative to start Hope Express in every district of the state through district planning.
55. Tata Sons reappoints N Chandrasekaran as Executive Chairman for five years
The board of Tata Sons Ltd has reappointed Natarajan Chandrasekaran as Executive Chairman for another five years.
56. Central Scheme SMILE launched to provide welfare measures to marginalized people.
As per Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Dr Virendra Kumar, Central Scheme SMILE with skill training and modern education will definitely enable transgender community to move forward with the mainstream and this will signify the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi of Sabka Sath Sabka Vikas. SMILE stands for Support for Marginalised Individuals for Livelihood and Enterprise.
57. Krishi Network ropes in actor Pankaj Tripathi as ambassador, investor.
With a view to reaching out to farmers to its agritech platform, Krishi Network has roped in film actor Pankaj Tripathi as a brand ambassador. The actor has also invested in the start-up.
58. Paisabazaar ties up with RBI bank to offer credit card.
Paisabazaar.com, a digital platform for consumer credit, has tied up with RBI Bank to offer “Paisa on Demand (PoD)”, a credit card. The credit card from RBL Bank will be lifetime free with a digital onboarding process.
59. Shuttle Tasnim Mir wins crown in Iran, 1st singles title.
India’s Tasnim Mir won her first singles title in the senior women’s category, capturing the 30th Iran Fajr International Challenge 2022, in Shiraz, Iran.
60. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurates 14.5km long rail-cum-road-bridge over Ganga river at Munger in Bihar.
Union Minister for Road Transfort and Highways, Nitin Gadkari, inaugurated the 14.5km long rail-cum-road-bridge over the Ganga river at Munger in Bihar through video conferencing. The bridge has been constructed on NH333B at the cost of 696 crore rupees.
61. Centre approves renaming of three places in Madhya Pradesh.
The Centre has approved renaming of three places in Madhya Pradesh namely Hoshangabad Nagar as “Narmadapuram”, Shivpuri as “Kundeshwar Dham” and Babai as “Makhan Nagar”. Babai has been renamed after the renowned journalist and poet Makhanlal Chaturvedi.
62. Kerala Governor signs amendment curtailing powers of Lokayuka.
Kerala Governor Arif Mohammad Khan signed an ordinance to amend the Kerala Lokayukta Act 1999 curtailing powers of the anti-corruption body.
The new Amendment takes away Section 14 of the Kerala Lokayukta Act, under which a public servant was required to vacate the office immediately if indicted by Lokayukta. Now, it is only recommendatory authority, not mandatory jurisdiction.
63. Sanjay Malhotra appointed DFS Secretary in Finance Ministry
64. Ravi Mittal takes charge as IBBI chairperson.
Ravi Mittal taks charge as chairperson of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI). Prior to joining the IBBI as chairperson, Mr. Ravi Mittal superannuated from the position of Secretary, Dept of Sports, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
IBBI is a key institution in implementing the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC).
65. IIT Hyderabad to set up Suzuki Innovation Centre on its campus.
Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad and Suzuki Motor Corporation signed a three year contract to start Suzuki Innovation Centre (SIC) with the vision of “creating innovations for India and Japan” by way of providing a platform for exchange of knowledge between the two organizations.
66. Kotak General Insurance partners with CARS24.
Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company Ltd partners with CARS24 Financial Services Private Ltd to offer motor insurance services to buyers of used cars. CARS24 Financial Services is a subsidiary of CARS24, an online used car marketplace.
67. Dr. S Unnikrishnan Nair appointed as new director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
Dr. S Unnikrishnan Nair has been appointed as the new director of the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC). He will be replaced S Somanath, who is not the chairman of Indian Space Research Organistation.
68. Rahul Bajaj, former chairman of Bajaj Auto, passes away.
Veteran Industrialist and head of the Bajaj Group, Rahul Bajaj, passed away. He was 83. Rahul Bajaj is the recipient of many awards, including the Padma Bhushan from the government of India and honorary doctorates from many universities. He got elected to the Rajya Sabha for the 2006 – 2010 period.
69. India Pavilion inaugurated at 72nd Berlinale European Film Market 2022.
India Pavilion was inaugurated at the 72nd Berlinale European Film Market 2022. It was organised on the sidelines of the Berlin International Film Festival. The Inaugural session, hosted by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, National Film Development Corporation and the Confederation of Indian Industry, saw the unveiling of the virtual India Pavilion, which is showcasing, 75 years of India’s Independence – Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav among others.
70. Ahmedabad IPL team to be called Gujarat Titans
The Hardik Pandya led Ahmedabad team of IPL will be known as the Gujarat Titans. The Franchise, which is owned by private equity firm CVC capital, said that the name was chosen to pay tribute to the state’s rich cricketing legacy.
Quantitative Aptitude Quizzes | Reasoning Quizzes | English Language Quizzes | Static GK Quizzes
New IBPS Exams notifications